1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (341 miles down and 159 to go)
I completed ten miles this week by doing Bodyfit by Amy videos on YouTube and walking in this awful humidity.
2. Eat at least five fruits/vegetables daily (+ drink 96 oz. of water)
I did this for five days last week
3. Read more nonfiction and classics
4. Take a family outing each month
We went swimming at my sister’s house and met up with some friends at the park on another day.
5. Have more family game nights
*If you need ideas as to what games are fun for families here is a list of our current favorites.
6. Buy more used items and keep track of the savings
Two shirts for Ben: $2 each
Shorts for Ben: $5
Estimated running total saved by buying used for the year: $518
**I am doing a rough estimate based on how much I could find the items on sale or on clearance at a store for minus what I paid for the items…so its not a perfect guess, but close.
7. Finish my 2019 NaNoWriMo novel (~35,000 words) and publish it before November 1st.
14,120 words and counting
If you want to check out my novel from last year, it is Murder at Kelsey Hall and is free right now with Kindle Unlimited on Amazon.
8. $5 Weekly Charity Challenge
I decided to clean out my pantry so I had a big variety of things to donate this week.
9. Make a spiritual checklist to do with my kids each month
-Learn one hymn a week: This week we learned “Though the Mountains May Fall.”
-Read one saint story a week: St. Joan of Arc was our saint of the week.
-Read the daily mass readings at least once each week – completed
10. Home Improvement projects I hope to complete by the end of the year
- Build a wood shed to contain all of our firewood
- Have a tree cut down in our yard
- Add gravel to our driveway
- Build a cat tree for our kittens
- Build a display shelf for Ben’s room
- Take a load to the dump
- Finish the trim on the kitchen cabinets