This is one of my favorite go to recipes that I love to make if I am in a hurry or have no leftovers for lunch. As long as you like zucchini, mushrooms, and smoked sausage, you should love this recipe.
1 large or 2 small zucchinis
8 oz. package of mushrooms (either sliced or whole)
1 large link of smoked sausage (I prefer skinless but that is just me)
garlic salt and pepper
oil (any kind will do)
1. Cut the zucchini and the smoked sausage into half inch slices. (You can cut the mushrooms in half if you like smaller bites or leave whole if they are small. Also if your zucchini is large you can cut the slices in half to make smaller bites.)
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add in the zucchini and mushrooms first and stir to coat them in the oil.
4. After a few minutes, add in the smoked sausage.
5. Sprinkle on a few dashes of garlic salt and pepper and stir well.
6. Continue to stir the mixture occasionally and make sure nothing is sticking or burning.
7. Everything is done when the veggies and the meat are slightly browned and the veggies look tender.
8. Serve hot and enjoy! This also makes wonderful leftovers:)