- Walk at least 500 miles this year (320 miles down and 180 to go)
This week I completed ten miles by walking, swimming, and doing BodyFit by Amy videos on YouTube. I enjoyed the AMRAP kettlebell, EMOM dumbbell, and the Cardio Tabata workouts the most this week.
2. Read more nonfiction and classic books
3. Keep a gratitude journal
- I am thankful that we got our Covid vaccines earlier in the year because it is getting scary in Alabama!
- I love our ebook system at the library. If I am at home with nothing to read before bedtime (this is my nightmare!) I can jump onto the library site and download multiple books in just a few minutes. **I enjoyed The Girl Who Drank the Moon and The Last Time I Lied on ebook this week
4. Try new foods and different recipes
I am really enjoying Joseph’s flax pitas this week. They make a nice light wrap for my veggie burgers and taste great for being classified as a health food.
5. Do more things together as a family
This week we went to a local arcade that specializes in vintage games and had a nice (cool) afternoon playing some oldies but goodies together. We all got to play Teenage Mutant Turtles together and I only fell down the sewer drain two times this time! “Hey, who turned out the lights?!”
6. Buy more used items
Ben found four shirts this week ranging from $1 up to $3 each. His favorite find was a Megadeath shirt. **My husband has gotten him hooked on heavy metal music this year so he has been seeking his band shirts each time we go to the thrift store. A few weeks back he found four Metallica cds (for just $1 each) which made his day.
Estimated savings for the year: $210
7. Take my kids on a monthly outing by themselves
I took Ben to the thrift store and to the local splash pad this week. **Reminder: I still owe Emma an outing.
8. Finish my 2019 NaNoWriMo novel (yes it is 2021!)
This has been my hardest goal for the year…..NO PROGRESS
9. Work on my bullet journaling skills
This has been my favorite goal to work on this year. I love picking out the different themes for each month. Thank goodness people share their art on Pinterest because I would be lost without it.
10. Eat 5 fruits and veggies + 96 oz. of water each day
I did this for 4 days this week.
Have a great week!