Since we have a surplus of ground beef in our freezer, I have been on a search for recipes to use it up without burning us out on our usual meals. I came across a relatively low carb Italian meatloaf recipe that looked promising and decided to give a shot. I thought it was delicious! I made a few substitutions and it turned out just fine which is not always the case when it comes to me and cooking. I hope you like it too! **I feel like it tasted closest to a deluxe meatball surprise in my opinion:)
2lbs ground beef (or you can do 1/2 beef and 1/2 italian sausage)
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 cup of spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (if you use Italian sausage, you may not need the extra flavor)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix together beef, parsley, eggs, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, spaghetti sauce (1/3cup in loaf), mozzarella (2/3 cup in loaf)
- Take about half of the meat mixture and form a rectangle in your cooking pan. Then, layer on the pepperoni. Next, top the loaf with the rest of the meat mixture and flatten it out. (Not super flat, just not mounded too high)
- Pour the remaining (2/3 cup) of spaghetti sauce on top and then finish with the rest of the mozzarella.
- Cover it with foil (it will burn….trust me….I know)
- Bake it for 50 minutes. Then, take off the foil and bake it for 5-10 more minutes or until the cheese looks toasty.
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes and then serve it with a salad or veggies of your choice.