1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (231 miles down and 269 to go)
I completed ten miles this week by doing Bodyfit by Amy videos on YouTube, walking, and swimming at the gym.
2. Eat at least five fruits/vegetables daily (+ drink 96 oz. of water)
I did this for four days last week
3. Read more nonfiction and classics
I finished Jane Eyre.
4. Take a family outing each month
-We took a quick trip to Auburn, Alabama to visit my husband’s parents.
5. Have more family game nights
*If you need ideas as to what games are fun for families here is a list of our current favorites.
6. Buy more used items and keep track of the savings
This is for the past two weeks:
Pet carrier $10
New York keepsake box $1
Thor action figure $.50
Swim Shorts: $2
Stuffed Animal $2
Stack of fabric: $17 (the lady was a quilter, so she had a huge selection of fabric!)
Small pet bed: $1
ceramic flower pot: $1
Savings: at least $50
Estimated running total saved by buying used for the year: $310**
**I am doing a rough estimate based on how much I could find the items on sale or on clearance at a store for minus what I paid for the items…so its not a perfect guess, but close.
7. Finish my 2019 NaNoWriMo novel (~35,000 words) and publish it before November 1st.
14,120 words and counting
If you want to check out my novel from last year, it is Murder at Kelsey Hall and is free right now with Kindle Unlimited on Amazon.
8. $5 Weekly Charity Challenge
9. Make a spiritual checklist to do with my kids each month
-Learn one hymn a week
-Read one saint story a week
-Read the daily mass readings at least once each week
10. Things I hope to accomplish while we are following the “safer at home” order
- Work on puzzles with my kids (So far we finished Winnie the Pooh, Tangled, Lady and the Tramp, Fantasia, and a village scene)
- Add gravel to our driveway
- Finish Teaching Textbooks Grade 3 with Ben
- Take Emma on more driving lessons (Ongoing)
- Have a tree cut down in our yard
- Build a wood shed to contain all of our firewood