1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (78 miles down and 422 to go)
I completed ten miles this week by doing Bodyfit by Amy videos on YouTube, walking, and doing the elliptical at the gym.
2. Eat at least five fruits/vegetables every day
I did this for 6 days.
3. Learn Spanish this year
I did Duolingo for 60 minutes.
4. Take a family outing each month Accomplished
Went to Auburn to see our nephew get baptized.
5. Have more family game nights
So far this month, we have played:
-a DIY Dungeons and Dragons type game that my son made up.
-Pass the Pigs
–Just Dance Disney version on the Wii
*If you need ideas as to what games are fun for families here is a list of our current favorites.
6. Buy more used items and keep track of the savings
Nothing used was bought this week.
Estimated running total saved by buying used for the year: $172**
**I am doing a rough estimate based on how much I could find the items on sale or on clearance at a store for minus what I paid for the items…so its not a perfect guess, but close.
7. Finish my 2019 NaNoWriMo novel (~35,000 words) and publish it before November 1st.
14,120 words and counting…I just introduced my first murder suspect to Maggie and Inspector Blake, but if he really did it….well that has yet to be decided…
If you want to check out my novel from last year it is Murder at Kelsey Hall and is free right now with Kindle Unlimited on Amazon.
Complete one home improvement or project each month Accomplished
This week, I did a deep clean of my pantry. Apparently we have a pantry moth infestation (fun) so I had to go through everything that may have been compromised and either throw it away or store it in plastic containers. FYI: make sure you check food packages you bring home from the grocery store before you put them in your pantry! Make sure there are no tears and everything that is meant to be air tight really is.
9. Make a spiritual checklist to do with my kids each month **(We only did half of our list, so we hope to do better next month!)
For February, we plan on:
Attending one daily mass Praying the Rosary on the way to mass
Going to an adoration
Going to confession