1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (50 miles down and 450 to go)
I completed ten miles this week.
2. Eat at least five fruits/vegetables every day
I did this for six days this week.
3. Learn Spanish this year
This week I did Duolingo for 60 minutes and then I worked on a lesson in my Spanish textbook.
4. Take a family outing each month
5. Have more family game nights
So far this month, we have played:
-a DIY Dungeons and Dragons type game that my son made up.
-Pass the Pigs
-Just Dance Disney version on the Wii
*If you need ideas as to what games are fun for families here is a list of our current favorites.
6. Buy more used items and keep track of the savings
This week at the thrift store, we bought a Harry Potter t-shirt ($2), a Spanish textbook ($1), and a Stink Moody book ($.50)
I also bought a used Teaching Textbooks CD set from a friend at co-op for $50. The usual price is close to $100, so that was a bargain! (This was not mentioned in my Frugal February tally because homeschool supplies are considered a bill in my system.)
Estimated running total saved by buying used for the year: $160**
**I am doing a rough estimate based on how much I could find the items on sale or on clearance at a store for…so its not a perfect guess, but close.
7. Finish my 2019 NaNoWriMo novel (~35,000 words) and publish it before November 1st.
13,696 words and counting…
If you want to check out my novel from last year it is Murder at Kelsey Hall and is free right now with Kindle Unlimited on Amazon.
8. Complete one home improvement or project each month
9. Make a spiritual checklist to do with my kids each month
For February, we plan on:
Attending one daily mass
Praying the Rosary on the way to mass
Going to an adoration
Going to confession
Cleaning the sanctuary Completed this week