1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (415 down and 85 to go)
Over the past two weeks, I completed twenty more miles which brings my “to go” miles down to under 100! That feels nice:)
2. Read two nonfiction or classic books each month
I love L.M. Montgomery books like the Anne of Green Gables series and Emily of New Moon, so I was pleased to find out that she had written a ton of books that I had never heard of. This past week I read (and enjoyed) The Blue Castle. It is a story about an aging spinster lady who has lead a really boring life. One day her whole world changes when she learns that she has a fatal heart condition. Amazingly, this news pushes her over the brink and she suddenly decides to start living the life that she has always wanted to live. **This book reminded me of The Ladies of Missalonghi by Collen McCullough a lot. Both heroines receive very similar diagnoses which spurn them to make drastic life changes that lead them to finally finding love in the most bizarre ways. So if you love The Blue Castle, you will definitely love The Ladies of Missalonghi.
3. Have two family game nights each month
We played Long Cow this past week. **A current favorite of my son’s.
4. Complete two home improvements/projects each month
5. Take each of my children on an outing by themselves each month
6. Finish editing and publish my NaNoWriMo book this year
Still chugging away at edits. I think I only have four chapters left though, so that is some improvement:)
7. Try out two new recipes each month
This week, I found a new way to make an old classic soup recipe into a new lower carb version.