1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (395 down and 105 to go)
This past week I completed 11 miles by walking, taking a Zumba class, and doing YouTube workout videos.
2. Read two nonfiction or classic books each month Accomplished
I have read countless ESL books this past month so I am counting this goal as accomplished for the month.
3. Have two family game nights each month
This past week, we played Clue and Long Cow. **Clue only lasted two rounds because Ben amazingly guessed who did it and with what, so Emma swooped in on her turn and won the game.
4. Complete two home improvements/projects each month
My husband fixed our kitchen faucet this past week so at least that got finished. I still hope to paint a few doors in our house this upcoming week, but that might get pushed to next month…
5. Take each of my children on an outing by themselves each month Accomplished
- I took Ben thrift store shopping (he got t-shirts and a toy) and out to eat at Sonic.
- Emma chose to go out to eat at a local Thai place and then we went thrift store shopping (Both kids love the thrift store)
6. Finish editing and publish my NaNoWriMo book this year
I actually have started the final rounds of edits and hope to finish them within two weeks. **My current goal is to finish everything before the end of October and have it ready to download on Amazon as a e-book before November 1st.
7. Try out two new recipes each month
A few weeks ago, I tried out a new recipe for cauliflower mac and cheese. I kind of liked it, but thought it needed a sharper cheddar flavor to make it even better. I hope to try it again this week and if it turns out well, I will post the recipe next week.