1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (364 miles down and 136 to go)
I completed 11 miles this past week by walking outside (its very hot in Alabama right now) and doing a lot of indoor exercises thanks to BodyFit by Amy on YouTube (she put out three more videos this past week)
2. Read at least two nonfiction or classic books each month (one down/one to go)
I have been reading (mostly skimming) a lot of ESL books over the past few weeks, so I will say all of the bits and pieces I have read should equal at least one book. **My church is offering ESL classes later this month to our Hispanic members so we have been preparing for those classes for the past month. **I volunteered to write up all of the lesson plans since I have some experience due to homeschooling and teaching church classes, so please pray I do not totally screw it up…
3. Have two family game nights each month
4. Complete two home improvements/projects each month
I plan on painting two interior doors sometime this month. **We installed a pre-primed bathroom door almost 9 years ago and it is still needing painting (did I mention I am terrific at procrastinating??) and the other one door has 20 year old marker drawings all over the back of it from when my sister was going through a decorating phase. So lots to do.
5. Take each of my kids on an outing by themselves
6. Finish editing and publish my NaNoWriMo novel this year
This has been pushed to the back burner for right now due to my crazy Fall schedule, but I still hope to get it finished before the end of the year.
7. Try out two new recipes each month