1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (323 down and 177 to go)
Over the past week I have completed 10 miles by swimming, walking, taking Zumba classes, and doing new Body Fit by Amy videos on YouTube.
2. Read two nonfiction or classic books each month (one down and one to go)
This week I have been reading Little Men by Louisa May Alcott. I loved Little Women and have read it multiple times (I also loved all of the movie versions AND my daughter even played Meg March in our homeschool co-op’s play a few years ago, to my absolute delight) So this book was a total gem in my eyes. It follows Jo’s life after her marriage to Mr. Baer. They run a school of sorts for wayward boys. While Jo has matured and became more motherly, we still get peaks at her wildness at times which makes her the perfect “mother” to these wild boys.
3. Have two family game nights each month (one down and one to go)
4. Complete two home improvements/projects each month
5. Take each of my children on an outing by themselves every month
6. Edit and publish my NaNoWriMo novel this year
Still working on suggested edits from my test readers. **My goal is to have it ready to list on Amazon by the end of September so I can have a month of rest before NaNoWriMo 2019 kicks off in November.
7. Try two new recipes each month (one down and one to go)
This past week, I threw together a new recipe by total chance that we really liked. I call it Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Bake (I bet you can’t guess the main ingredients!)