1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (254 down and 246 to go)
This week I completed 11 miles by doing BodyFit by Amy videos on YouTube, swimming, walking, and taking a Zumba class at the gym. **I am over halfway there!
2. Read two nonfiction or classic books each month
This week I read The Alice Network and absolutely loved it. Now when I say I love a book, it means I can sit down and read it in one sitting if I have enough time (I read this book in two sittings because I fell asleep the first night) I know it is not 100% nonfiction but it was based on actual people/events and the story felt very real to me, so I am including it in my nonfiction challenge. ** I didn’t know that there were female spies during WWI, so I loved learning all the clever ways they hid dispatches on their persons to avoid detection (like rolling tiny bits of encoded rice paper around hair pins to hide in their hair) If you love historical fiction, you should really enjoy this book.
3. Try to buy nothing this year
Nothing new was bought this week
4. Take each of my children on an outing by themselves every month
5. Have two family game nights each month (one to go)
This weekend we played Apples to Apples (my husband won both rounds) and Rat a Tat Cat (which Emma won by a landslide)
6. Complete two home improvements each month Accomplished
This month, I patched then repainted an bedroom door, refinished a dresser, touched up paint throughout my house, and replaced three door knobs. **Overall, I think I made up for not doing any improvements last month:)
7. Learn to knit and crochet
8. Finish editing and publish my NaNoWriMo novel
9. Try out two new low carb or gluten free recipes each month