1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (181 down and 319 to go)
I completed 9 miles this week by walking and doing at home workout videos.
2. Read two nonfiction or classic books each month
3. Try to buy nothing new this year
Nothing new was bought
4. Take each of my children on an outing by themselves
This week, my husband took Emma to a see a sign language interpreter signing at a local church and then they had lunch together. **She plans on majoring in sign language interpreting during college
5. Have two family game nights each month
We played a round of Yahtzee, which Emma won by a landslide (She earned 300pts!) and then we played Cadoo because Ben thought Yahtzee was too boring.
6. Complete two home improvements each month
This month I am hoping to replace a bedroom door upstairs and finally clean our home’s siding (it is in desperate need of this)
7. Edit and publish my NaNoWriMo novel
I finished editing Chapters 5-8 and printed off Chapters 9-10 to work on this week.
8. Learn how to knit and crochet
So far I have learned how to cast on and do a chain.
9. Try out two new low carb or gluten free recipes each month
This past week, we tried out a recipe for gluten free biscuits. Ben really liked them, but Emma said they were just okay. I think I am going to add a little more salt and a touch of sugar next time to see if Emma likes them more that way. **I personally thought the texture was perfect (which is rare in the gluten free world) but it was a little bland. I will post a recipe later this week if they liked the second batch better.
10. Spend less than $500 each month on groceries
I spent $150 on groceries this week, which is a little over my $125 goal, but not too terrible.