1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (172 down and 328 to go)
This week I:
-swam for 35 minutes
-walked 2 miles
-took a Zumba class (45 minutes)
-did a couple of Body Fit by Amy YouTube videos which added up to 45 minutes
**I basically equate 15-20 minutes of exercise for one mile
2. Read two classics or nonfiction books each month Accomplished
I read two Sherlock Holmes anthologies this month.
3. Try to buy nothing new this year
Nothing new was bought this week
4. Take each of my children on an outing by themselves
I still need to take Emma on an outing this month, so I hope to squeeze that in before Wednesday.
5. Have two family game nights each month Accomplished
6. Complete two home improvements each month Accomplished
a)We did a massive decluttering of our entire house (which I counted as an improvement) and reorganized my laundry/utility room (cleaned the dryer vent and got rid of a creeping mold issue due to the sump pump
b) This past week I went through the entire house and patched/plastered over all the holes in our drywall and window sills. **We had our windows replaced a few years ago and we were responsible for the inside sills, so this has been a long time coming!
7. Edit and publish my NaNoWriMo novel this year
I am still editing Chapters 7 and 8.
8. Learn to knit and crochet this year
I actually made some progress on this goal. Since my daughter knows how to crochet, she showed me how to cast on and complete a few chains this week. My son saw my attempt and decided it made the perfect collar for his new toy, so he claimed it for his own.
9. Try out two new low carb recipes each month Accomplished
10. Keep my grocery budget to under $500 each month Busted!!
I went $10 over for the month. **Aldi finally had my daughter’s favorite gluten-free Hot Pockets in the store so I grabbed three boxes to tide her over for a bit.