1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (122 down and 378 to go)
This week I took two Zumba classes, a Powerfit class, and tried out some new water exercises with my kids at our gym’s pool which all added up to 10 miles this week.
2. Read two nonfiction or classic books each month Accomplished
This month I read Outliers and The Healing Power of Faith.
3. Try to buy nothing new this year
I actually did buy something new this year. Last week, I ordered Ben some of his favorite shorts from The Children’s Place. They were having a sale and free shipping, so I stocked up. At $5-$8 a pair, I just could not resist.
4. Take each child on an outing by themselves each month Accomplished
This week I took Ben to play with his cousins at Let’s Play! in Huntsville for his outing. He also got to pick out a few toys from Target’s Dollar Aisle and enjoyed a slushie and delicious popcorn at their café. He was a happy boy:)
5. Have two family game nights each month
Last week we played Apples to Apples for our family game. Ben and I also played Avengers Bingo and Go Fish! on another night.
6. Complete two home improvements each month Accomplished
I went a little overboard on improvements this month:
a) I repurposed my china cabinet into a beverage station and a storage unit.
b) Replaced my kitchen sink faucet
c) Planted a garden and added some landscaping to my yard
7. Edit and publish my NaNoWriMo novel this year
I am almost finished editing my first four chapters and hope to have a fellow homeschool mom from my co op read my revised chapters this week (I am terrified because she is a real-life published author….yikes)
8. Try out two new low carb recipes each month
I think I am going to try out a low carb mug cake this week for my final recipe. **I posted this recipe last week.
9. Learn how to knit and crochet
10. Keep my monthly grocery spending to under $500 each month
This is not happening this month.