1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (91 miles down and 408 to go)
I get so excited when I get close to the first 100 miles walked mark each year! This week I “walked” 11 miles by swimming, taking two Zumba classes, and walked three miles. **On a sad note, I think that the walking aggravated my SI joint so I may not be walking on pavement for awhile again…luckily I have a swimming pool and gym classes to fall back on:)
2. Read two nonfiction or classic books each month Accomplished
This month I read The Count of Monte Cristo and A Sacred Space: a Jesuit devotional.
3. Buy nothing new this year
Nothing new was bought this month.
4. Have two family game nights each month Accomplished
We played a lot of Apples to Apples, Long Cow, and Rat-a-tat-Cat this month.
5. Take my children on an outing by themselves each month Accomplished
Ben had his outing this week. We went to play the Nintendo Switch at GameStop, bought a few novelty toys at the Dollar Tree, found three t-shirts at the thrift store, and redeemed our Book-It coupon for a free pizza at Pizza Hut. We only spent $10 and had a great time.
6. Learn to knit and crochet
Not yet….but I am hoping Emma will show me a few stitches this week so I can make a crocheted washcloth.
7. Complete one home improvement project each month Accomplished
This month, we changed out our lightbulbs for LEDs and bought a Roku for our living room TV instead of buying another Blu-ray player to stream our networks.
8. Edit and publish my NaNoWriMo novel
This month I edited up to Chapter 3 in my novel.
9. Try out two new low carb recipes each month Accomplished
This month I tried out a low carb granola (good) and a weird cauliflower hash brown (fail).
10. Spend less than $500 on groceries for the month (This month I lowered my budget to $300 for frugal February) Accomplished
I did keep my grocery budget (mostly) to under $300 this month, but ended up borrowing $25 from my fun money budget for a few necessities during the last week:)
How are your goals going for the year?