1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (80 miles down and 420 to go)
I am finally back on track for the year, averaging 10 miles a week so far. This week I did 10 miles by taking Zumba classes and trying out two new YouTube exercise videos (there are so many!)
2. Read two classics or nonfiction books each month (Two in progress)
I have been falling asleep early lately, so I am still reading each of my books I picked out for this month. **Hopefully I will finish this week
3. Try to buy nothing new this year
Nothing new was bought this week. We did find a nice selection of used items that I will share in my Frugal Things post later (One was free!)
4. Have two family game nights each month Accomplished
This week we played Long Cow, Apples to Apples, and Rat a Tat Cat
5. Take my children on an outing by themselves each month (One down, one to go)
This week I took Emma and a friend to a local church that was hosting A Cinderella’s Closet to find a dress for our homeschool co-op’s banquet. This event is an outreach ministry that the church hosts each year that allows girls in the local area to basically borrow a prom dress (plus shoes and jewelry) for their proms. It is nice because its free (yay!) and we can just return the dress and not have to worry about selling/storing it at our home. **It took trying on around 12 dresses to find a keeper, but Emma was happy with her selection.
6. Learn how to knit and crochet
Not yet…but soon!
7. Edit and publish my novel I wrote during NaNoWriMo
This week I edited up to Chapter Three…sooooo slow…..
8. Complete one home improvement project each month
I am still trying to figure out which one I am doing this month. Maybe painting the bathroom door????
9. Try out two new low carb recipes each month (One down and one to go)
So far I tried out a delicious low carb granola recipe and I am currently scouring Pinterest for another recipe to try out.
10. Spend less than $500 each month on groceries (only $300 for Frugal February!)
Week 1: $107
Week 2: $111
Week 3: $82
Total spent: $300 **There is no money left in my grocery budget for the rest of February! Luckily I think that I should be able to make it without too much issues until Thursday or I might have to dip into my fun money for the month…what is more fun than food:)
How are your goals going this year??