1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (59 miles down and 441 to go)
I walked eleven miles this week. **I tried out a new circuit training class at the gym and that was the hardest class I have tried yet!!
2. Read two classic or nonfiction books each month (one down and one to go)
On a whim, I picked up a copy of The Count of Monte Cristo at the library this week. I remember reading it many years ago, so I am sure I will enjoy it again. **And maybe I will make Emma read it for school also:)
3. Buy nothing new this year
Nothing new was bought this week
4. Have two family game nights each month (One down and one to go)
We played Apples to Apples Jr, Rat a tat cat, and Long Cow last week.
5. Take the kids on an outing by themselves each month
This week I hope to take Ben to see Lego Movie 2 for his outing. Emma’s will be later in the month when she decides what she would like to do.
6. Learn to knit and crochet
Not yet. I really need to get hopping on this goal:(
7. Publish my NaNoWriMo book
I am still editing my second chapter…
8. Complete one home improvement project each month
I was running slightly behind on January’s project, but managed to finally get the stairs painted this weekend. Now to think of something to do in February….maybe work on replacing the bedroom doors upstairs or patching the walls and touching up the living room paint…
9. Try two new low carb recipes each month Accomplished
I knocked this one out early this month. I tried out Chicken Alfredo Waffle Pizzas (loved!) and Low Carb Chocolate Cookies (I mostly liked them. I think it was just the erythritol that I did not like due to the cold sensation it caused in my mouth…it is a very odd feeling)
10. Keep grocery spending to under $500 each month (**only allowed $300 for Frugal February!)
This week we spent $107 on food, so that just leaves $193 for the month….which may be a challenge…but a welcome one:)