1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (48 miles down and 352 to go)
This week I “walked” 12 miles, by walking, swimming, doing YouTube kettle bell workouts, and taking a really fun Zumba class with my daughter. I can finally tell a difference in my body by cross training with many different forms of exercise:)
2. Read two nonfiction or classic books each month
I am reading Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck this week. It is a short read and I had not read it since high school (almost 20 years ago!), so it has been nice to revisit this great book. **I will say I have a totally different view on the book now that I am a mother. There are a lot of curse words and racial slang terms that I must have forgotten about!
3. Try to buy nothing new this year
Nothing new was bought this week
4. Have two family game nights each month (One down and one to go)
5. Take each of my children on an outing alone each month
January-I took Ben to see Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse and enjoyed Mexican food with Emma
6. Learn to knit and crochet
7. Publish my NaNoWriMo book
Started editing Chapter Two.
8. Complete one home improvement project each month
I had intended to paint the stairs last week, but we had a family emergency, so that project has been pushed to this week instead.
9. Try two new low carb recipes each month
This week I tried out Peace Love and Low Carb’s Chicken Alfredo Waffle Pizza recipe (delicious!) **I will write up a blog post containing my edits to the recipe, but overall it was strangely delicious and really easy to make!
10. Spend less than $500 on grocery each month
January total: $491 (yay!)
**I am doing a Frugal February Challenge, so my food budget will only be $300 for the month of February…wish me luck…
How are your New Year’s Goals going??