1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (15 miles down and 485 to go)
I was playing catchup on my mileage this week due to being sick, so I made sure to get in 13 miles this week. My miles included working out on the elliptical machine, treadmill, YouTube videos, and a very interesting Zumba class (I took my 14 year old daughter with me and let’s just say it felt more R-rated than PG-13, but she surprisingly liked it! Lots and lots of gyrating!!).
2. Read two classics or non-fiction books each month Accomplished
Being sick made that goal an easy one to mark off:)
3. Buy nothing new this year
Nothing new was bought this week.
4. Have two family game nights each month
This week we played an edible Scrabble game (the chocolate was inhaled after the game!) and a rousing game of Apples to Apples.
5. Take each of my children on an outing by themselves
6. Learn to knit and crochet
7. Publish a book this year
I worked on editing Chapter One this week. I am still trying to pinpoint a more exact time in history for this novel to occur. Right now I am leaning towards 1902 because it is one of my favorite times in history, but we will see where we end up:)
8. Pay off our car this year
I kept my grocery bill for the week right at $100 and worked out a new monthly budget to incorporate adding $100 more to the car payment each month (which hopefully means we will have it paid off by December…yay!)
9. Complete one home improvement project each month
I am still debating on what I should do first. I am leaning towards repainting the stairs because it is quick, easy, cheap, and within my skill set:)
How are your goals coming along? **It is still January, so find some things you are wanting to accomplish this year and write them down, then come back and share it with us!!