I had written this recipe down years ago and recently it has made its way back into my monthly meal rotation (mainly due to all of the cubed steak that I have leftover from the 1/4 beef we bought from my dad in July) The marinade is really forgiving, sometimes I use more or less soy sauce and it always turns out fine. We like to serve it over cauliflower rice, but I am sure zoodles or regular rice would be just fine too.
2 lbs cubed steak
For the Marinade:
8 Tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup of chopped green onions
2 Tablespoons of sesame oil
1-1/2 Tablespoons of minced garlic
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade and pour it over the cubed steak (I usually coat the meat with my hands to make sure all sides of the meat get coated…its a little messy but worth it!)
2. Let the steak marinade for at least two hours or more in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat a grill on low to medium heat.
4. Grill the steak on both sides for 3-5 min. (This cooks really quickly due to how thin the steak so watch it closely….it tastes best when it is slightly underdone)
5. Serve by itself or on top of zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice. If you are not counting carbs, I am sure normal rice is awesome:) **When I make the cauliflower rice I always add a little butter and salt to jazz it up a bit before I put the beef on top.