I was very happy to stumble upon this new-to-me recipe because it is very hard to find low carb casserole recipes that I have not tried yet. **Also, I love casseroles because they are so easy to put together and if they are topped with cheese….even better:)
1lb ground beef
1lb ground pork sausage
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1/2 onion, chopped
Broccoli, cooked (I used a 12-oz microwaveable bag of broccoli for convenience)
block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup milk or cream
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook the garlic, chopped onion, beef, and sausage together until done and then drain and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, milk, and Parmesan cheese, mixing it well and set aside.
4. In a large casserole dish, first add the meat mixture and the cooked broccoli together, then pour the cheese mixture on top and stir until everything is coated well.
5. Finally, top the casserole with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until nice and bubbly, then let it sit for 5 minutes to cool before serving.