1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (230 down and 270 to go)
Yikes! Next week marks half of the year already and I am lacking 20 miles to keep on pace for the year…so I better get walking:)
2. Eat 40 net carbs or less each day
I did this for all seven days.
3. Read two nonfiction books each month (One so far)
This past week I read The Yellow Envelope and really enjoyed it. This is a true story of a couple who decides to sell all of their possessions and travel the world, seeking to find happiness and a new way of life for themselves. I tend to enjoy travel books and this one did not disappoint. I loved how the author made this nonfiction book feel like a fun fiction book, by creating stories about each country they visited. This book also explored her troubled marriage and how the trip helped her to identify issues that they both needed to work out, in order to save their marriage (which they did!) **If you enjoyed Eat, Pray, Love and Wild you will like this book too.
4. Have two date nights each month
One so far, but the kids are visiting their grandparents next week, so I am sure we will fit in another easily:)
5. Have two family game nights each month
We played Cadoo and Old Maid for our games this week and then enjoyed a few episodes of King of the Hill (a family favorite).
6. Try to buy nothing new this year
Nothing new was bought this week
7. Have one no spend week each month
8. Add twelve new products to my Teachers pay Teachers store this year (3 out of 12 completed)
9. $5 weekly challenge
This week I bought diapers to donate to the Save a Life center.