1. Walk at least 500 miles this year (187 miles down and 313 to go)
I managed to get 10 miles in this week despite rain and poor scheduling on my part. I sometimes will count other activities as “walking” if I cannot fit in a daily walk. This week, I counted 2 hours of sweaty yardwork as two miles walked (even though I do not really do that much sweating while walking…)
2. Eat less than 40 net carbs each day
I did this 6 out of 7 days
3. Read two non-fiction books each month
This month my book of choice is The Americans. I have to make out a study guide and tests for Emma this fall, so I decided that I will just count this huge history textbook as my non-fiction selection for the month of May. **It is amazing what I do not know about American History…but after this book, I should be an expert:)
4. Have two date nights each month
We are going out tomorrow apparently, so this one might get crossed off this month:)
5. Have two family game nights Accomplished
We played Mad Gab, Apples to Apples, and Hi-Ho Cherry-o this week.
6. Add twelve new products to my Teachers pay Teachers store (3 down and 9 to go)
No, nope, nada….This is surprisingly the hardest goal for me each month. In order to shame myself into being productive, I am adding my total number of completed items vs. how many I still need to finish. Hopefully this will work as inspiration!
7. Have a no spend week each month Accomplished
I am currently finishing up my no spend week today, so that feels nice to get out of the way.
8. Buy nothing new this year
Nothing new was bought this week
9. $5 Monthly Challenge
I went with beans and rice to add to my food bank stash this week. It may not be exactly exciting, but it is definitely filling.