I have been making this low carb recipe for two years now. Sadly I cannot remember where I found it, but it is a good one! I really like this recipe because it is light, fluffy, and not at all gritty, which is nice for a gluten-free bread recipe.
1 1/2 cup of almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 T baking powder
1/3 cup of sour cream
4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray (I use an extra large muffin tin for this recipe because I like mine to be more of a biscuit size. So it makes roughly six large muffins or nine medium size muffins)
3. In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, salt, and baking powder.
4. Add in the softened butter, sour cream, and eggs, mixing until everything is well incorporated.
5. Fill the muffin tins about halfway full.
6. If you are using an extra large size muffin tin, then bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. The biscuits are done when they are golden and a knife comes out clean when poked in the middle. **If you use choose to use a standard size muffin tin, bake the muffins for 5-7 minutes and then check to see if they are done in the middle. These biscuits need to sit in the muffin tins for a little while to cool off, then they are ready to go!
I always eat mine with butter and Polander’s sugar free jam:)
**These taste best right out of the oven, but are still really good even a few days later. I usually refrigerate leftover biscuits and then pop them into the microwave for 10-15 seconds to make them warm and soft again.
I hope you love this recipe!