I love pizza and I have found many ways to still eat it while on a low carb diet. One of my favorite low carb pizza recipes, besides Fat head pizza, is called Chicken Crust Pizza. When I first saw this recipe, I was pretty skeptical as to how it would turn out, but it actually was delicious!
1 lb. ground chicken
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
Sauce and toppings of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ground chicken, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and spices and mix it well.
3. Line a large pizza pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. **This crust makes a small amount of liquid as it cooks so I try to use a pan with a ridge around the outside to avoid making a mess in my oven.
4. Place the chicken mixture onto the lined pan and use a piece of plastic wrap to spread the chicken out into a pizza shape form. **I tear off a big strip of plastic wrap and lay it onto the “crust” and press it out into a large circle shape. You want a crust that it is about a 1/2 inch thick.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. **Tip: After about 10 minutes, I check on it and usually have to pour off some liquid that has baked out of it (one of the weird things about a meat crust I guess) I usually just hold the pan with a potholder in one hand and use a fork in the other hand to hold the crust in place while I drain off the liquid.
6. When the crust is done take out it out and add your choice of sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you prefer. Then put it back in the oven and bake it for another 10 minutes. **I sometimes will broil it for the last 2-3 minutes to get the cheese nice and crispy, but make sure you watch it closely!
7. Let it sit for a few minutes and then serve with a veggie or a salad.
3 thoughts on “Chicken Crust Pizza (Low carb and Gluten free)”
I may just have to try this one….I have some ground turkey that would probably work:)
Pretty much what I’ve been looking for! Useful,
interesting and definitely a great post! Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it and am definitely coming back for more!
Thank you! I am glad you liked the recipe, it is one of our favorites:)